I just got back from a great safari in Namibia with John Wamback from Prohunting Namiba. Great time with my kids and a friend that went along. We flew Ethiopian Air from Dulles to Addis Ababa to Windhoek. The flight was running late and we had a short connection in Addis. All of our luggage except my rifles (and new binos, and range finder) made it on the flight. My rifles arrived 7 days later, on the last day of our safari. Thanks to John and a friend of his we were able to borrow a couple of rifles and keep it from being a photo safari. Ethiopian Air kept telling us that they didn't know where the case was, then they did but they couldn't ship it without me there, then they didn't know where it was again. On and on for a week. When the case arrived it never even left the airport in Windhoek, I just took a proof of life picture and checked it back in. Going back through Addis they called me out of line and had me come down and re-open the case to verify the contents, even though it had been checked through in Windhoek. There was lost luggage everywhere in the basement of the airport. They told me that it is airport policy to reverify all firearms transiting through Addis. Just be advised that if you have a connection there you will have to re check your weapons. If you have a short, or even not that short lay over it will be hard to get done. Getting linked back up with them can be challenging if they don't make your flight. I was starting to worry that I wasn't going to see them again. I won't be going through there again.