BK,

Thanks, I'm considering it, especially if I can get the greenhouse thing going and turn this idea into a small farmers market type business, then I might be able to write of some/most/all of the tractor cost.

Not sure how much of the thread you read, and I'm not going back to check either in case I didn't mention it before, but I'm retired on a fixed income and $15-20K is not in the budget right now, especially with the other improvements we're making, like a $2500 deck covering (before installation), we'd like a 1200 gal water storage tank for emergency purposes (another $1000 + installation costs), renewing the gravel in the driveway and some other dirt materials for the yard. Heck, I can't even get my wife to agree on getting propane out here so I can get the house hooked up for a gas stove instead of the friggen electric one I HATE.

I'd sure love a new tractor, but I don't think it's gonna happen, and I see very few newer used ones around here, as they get sucked up as soon as they go on sale.

Thanks for the advice.

Geno

PS, $15-20K sure would pay for a couple of nice hunts too!

PPS, If I could afford it that is. wink

Last edited by Valsdad; 07/16/18.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?