Thanks all for the comments and information.

Shrapnel, I hear you. I'd much rather have a rifle that consistently gave me 1-1/2 MOA than one that had to "warm up" to give me 3/4. And I probably don't really need 1-1/2. After all, you can hold only so well in the field. Not to mention we don't get warm ups or sighter shots. Further, although we tend to shoot five shots for statistical purposes, what really matters to me is that first shot from a lightly oiled bore. That and then maybe the next two. After that, you are having the kind of day another MOA ain't gonna fix!

I think it was Ross Seyfried who came up with the "one shot group." If I remember, the idea was one shot, give the bore a swipe of oil, put the rifle away, and repeat the next day. You might even take a break for the weather to change. That test told you how good a hunting rifle you had. I figured the next two shots were a worthwhile addition . . . because things happen.

Even so, 1 MOA seems a nice round number, so I do hope to get that. But anything more on a big game rifle is just bragging rights, and I won't bother chasing better.

Also, bullets! I care what it does with good, proven game bullets. I could care less about "target" bullets, or the ones that work great "most of the time."

Clinging to guns & religion since 1959

Keyboards make people braver than alcohol

Election Integrity is more important than Election Convenience

Washington Post: "Democracy Dies in Darkness"
More correct: "Killing Democracy Faster Than Darkness"