Still only available as $70 custom die set. We just ordered another set.

Up this thread someone mentioned that he could get a hundred Hornet rounds in a shirt pocket... Yep. That is the beauty of the Hornets over even the fireball, I can take off with just a BDU coat with a couple hundred rounds of Hornet ammo dumped loose in the pocket, my rifle and binocular and shoot around a dog town for about as long as I care to before heading back for a cold drink and to empty the brass out of my right pocket and fill my left with a couple hundred loaded cartridges.

I tried to explain this to a manufacturer's rep and all he wanted to do was argue that the 221 is just as good for walking around shooting prairie dogs or grey diggers, so I ask if he knew how many CZ Hornets vs Fireball 527 rifles CZ sells. Well they can't sell enough Fireballs to keep them in regular production. That much I can tell you.

I tried my old Sako in 222, a Kimber in 221 and CZs in 204 & 223 as a strolling around rifle and the small Hornet case makes all the difference in the world to me. YMMV.

We have a Contender with 23 inch MGM heavy barrel, it is my daughters and it is our most accurate 17 Hornet and three 527 Americans in 17 HH and I have a 527 in 22 Hornet. All three CZ 17 Hornets are good for around an inch +-, the Contender about .6 to .7 at a hundred which is bout the same as I get out of my 22 Hornet, 204 and 223 527 Americans.

Last edited by JDHasty; 07/24/18.