I have a Accuracy Systems Inc. 24" 223 Wylde bull-barreled upper that I set up for ground hogs. Never used it - on ground hogs. Punched a lot of paper though. Has a 1/2" accuracy grantee, and it's that accurate, but it took some serious load testing to get it to happen. I don't reload 223/556 so finding a match grade 223 wasn't as easy as it should have been. Seems like a lot of the "match 223" on the shelves is just repacked crap, not actually match ammo. It's a bench or prone gun only, it's so heavy, and front heavy that carrying it on a sling is awkward. Cool thing is because of the weight, the recoil is negligible and watching your impact is easy, as are fast followup shots.

It's absolutely worth the extra velocity and accuracy, but I wouldn't call it a walk-around hunting gun in any caliber. A high quality AR with a 16-18" barrel today can spit out groups of 1" pretty easy. Adding three or more extra pounds and an additional $1000+ to get the group down to 1/2" isn't worth in my opinion for most game. If you like accuracy, and paper shooting or ground hogs, but all means, then yes.