All: Just got back form the 24th annual Hunter's Rendevous at Shedhorn Sports in Ennis, Montana and among other super bargains there I picked up three cartons of Hornady 17 Mach2 ammo for $68.80 per carton (500 rounds!) - then as a door ticket coupon the folks at Shedhorn Sports gave an additional $1.88 of any ammunition purchase!
So after finagling a bit the ammo cost me $67.00 per carton or if you wanted to use your coupon (or in my case, my travelmates coupons) you could get a box of 50 Hornady Mach2 bullets for $5.00!
When I left at 5:00 PM they still had much 17 Mach2 ammo left and were replenishing their shelves of all the munitions including 17Mach2 and various 22 L.R. ammos which were all on sale.
If anyones in the smokey area of Ennis, Montana the Rendevous will be going through Sunday August 19th (open on Sunday to).
43 factory representatives were on hand to answer questions on "everything" including Glocks, Coopers, Smith & Wesson, Colt, Kimber, Remington, Leupold, Zeiss, Nikon, Garmin, Sig etc etc etc!
Spent just over three hours there and the line for the four different folks checking backgrounds for gun sales was over 40 people deep.
It thinned out as dinner time approached.
There was 17 HMR ammo on sale for $8.88 a 50 pack don't forget the door coupon giving $1.88 of any ammunition purchase.
Sadly the 17 HMR ammo on sale today was 20 grain bullets and my guns are sighted in with the 17 grain bullets.
No sales tax in Montana (yet - thank God).
Kennetrek and Danner boots were selling handily as well - IIRC 20% of all footwear.
They said a flyer was online showing all sales items - I don't know that for sure as I had the hard copy flyer that came in the mail.
Well worth attending this annual Hunters Rendevous event and I am going back tomorrow - dealing on a used High Standard pistol - all guns were on sale both new and used.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy