Originally Posted by jmo1754
Thank you all for the input it is truly appreciated. The reason I ask this as I am an easterner, I hunt whitetail all over the east coast and mid west but have only hunted elk once. The rifle I carried now belongs to my little brother for everything he has done for me over the years. I have enough rifles however I just want something new for a few purposes, the Model 70 300wsm I don't shoot that well I am a big dude and I can't get comfortable with it. The 375HH is a model 700 classic and its a nice rifle however I am a so called gun looney and want another rifle. I thought something in the long action 300 338 caliber.

Here is my line up for big game.

264 win mag
7RM x2
300 WSM
375 HH
450 Marlin

These are the guns I would consider carrying in the elk woods. Before you say Upgrade gear, that is almost complete as Myself and my dad both have lightweight tents, sleeping systems. Good boots, glass,. We have spent the past few years getting everything together. So now its just new rifle time if I want.

As I've said in other threads I am 6'5 with a rather long wingspan so I need a decent length of pull that's why most of the factory guns don't fit me well especially the short ultralights.

I have a Ruger Hawkeye all weather stainless in 338wm I could be persuaded to sell. It sits in a factory Hogue pillar bedded stock. I also have the load work done so all you would need to do is Scope it, load some ammo and go hunting.
Shoot me a PM if your interested.