24V-A, .222/20g

I took it to the range for the first time today. Brought up a couple of questions;

Full choke no doubt, based on 25 yd pattern with #8 and #6 game loads. Very few (<10) pellets off the sheet of moving paper I used on the target backer. Apologies for the crappy phone pic.

[Linked Image]

Question #1, can that barrel be threaded for interchangeable chokes? I'd like more versatility.

The 222 shot OK for my first time with the gun. The trigger was "stiff" to say the least, heavier than the S&W M&P Shield 45 I took to the range today. Upper group is 50 gr SP Privi, lower one is Fiocchi 50 grBT (I think I have that right), both at 25 yds from a cheesy front rest only.

[Linked Image]

Question #2, can that trigger be worked on to make it more suitable for rifle shooting? I believe I can live with it as it stands now, with practice I can probably get it to minute of coyote at 150 yds or so. But I've got a few rifles with nice triggers and this one felt like moving a brick in the mud with one finger. My plans are for this to be my poking around the BLM land behind the house for quail and rabbits, with the ability to take an opportunistic shot at a 'yote perhaps. I'd really like a nicer trigger feel, as I'm planning on working up a low power load, with a "non-toxic" bullet of some flavor and try for head shots on rabbits. I'd like to hit a bunny head at 50 yds or so with it.

If you "experts" think this is better posted in the gunsmithing or other forum, let me know.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?