My experience: I got one of those rifles going. The rifles were modified, as I understand it, to accept a 45-70 case by the importer-mainly in the area of the rim. . You will find that using 45-70 brass the 11.7x56R is larger in diameter.. I used Starline brass with no problem. You will have some swelling of the case. My C&H dies worked very well. Now here is the rub. I had slugged the bore. At one time there was a gentlemen who would accurately measure slugs from three groove barrels. He would keep slugs as payment. The groove diameter was .464. What to do? Running in circles with hair afire was not the answer. The Lee 400 gr. hollow base bullet worked great. I ran my in the last session using BP.. First up, I would try the Lee mold. My bullets were handlubed with SPG (no problem in this rifle or my four other BP rifles). The bullets were used as cast from unalloyed lead.. No wad was used as the bullet is a hollow base. The Lee bullet was made for TD Springfield's but will work very well in Danish RB's. I'd also look at the custom makers who can alter a mold without having to mortgage the ranch. The rifles imported here had been mostly modified for the longer 56mm case. My rifle had a excellent bore. Gave the rifle to a friend who had a RB fetish. I made up some loads with smokeless using Lee Tumble Lube and AAC 5744 using standard 45-70 loading data for low pressure actions. Yes, I know RB's are strong actions blah, blah. Take care and be safe. .

Last edited by Roundball1; 08/25/18.