Originally Posted by Yoder409
At this point, I'm actually leaning toward a .22 and likely in another FWS 34.

If I was dead set on a springer I would go .22 also. They are all ok out to around 25 yards, but once You start to stretch things a little further trajectory becomes an issue in the larger calibers.

Regarding PCP's, I understand the hesitation due to the cost involved, not just the rifle but a tank or a pump. I enjoyed playing with springers but I would have been money ahead if I had just bought a Marauder and tank right off the bat... instead of playing around with 3 or 4 springers (chasing power and accuracy), and then picking up a PCP and tank.

On the low end You can get a Benjamin Discovery and pump for $348 delivered. A pump is adequate for the Discovery, although I would probably pick up a used scuba tank instead of the pump. My Discovery does 880 fps with the inexpensive crosman premier (.22 cal.) 14 grain pellets, and accuracy at 25 yards is about 1/2 inch (basically one ragged hole) for 17 shots. After that I refill it to keep the point of impact spot on. I can take it to 50 yards with no problem.

Cons on the Discovery; loud and a single shot (no magazine).

Hence the Marauders attraction===> a 10 shot magazine, very quiet & more shots (larger air resevoir) per fill (approx. 30). I also should add===> about 2 additional pounds of weight.

YMMV,

Jerry

https://www.amazon.com/Crosman-BP9M...mp;keywords=benjamin+discovery&psc=1

Last edited by jerrywoodswalker; 08/31/18.

Si vis pacem, para bellum