Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
In a local run for Congress Rep. Will Hurd is opposed by Democrat Gina Ortiz-Jones. A friend of mine know Ms Ortiz-Jones. She told me that the candidate told her that Rosie Castro, former 70’s radical and racial separatist and the single mother of the Castro twins, is the real power behind the throne in local Democrat politics. I’m certain there is no love lost between her and Nico LaHood. I believe a fix was in.

And I thought building $50B projects was complex.

Oh heck, not that much to it, Ms Castro has been involved in politics since the 60’s, Far Left (La Raza). Used to be fringe loonies but the Democratic Party has shifted Left to join her.. Single mother of twin sons, both of whom entered Harvard Law School and entered politics as DNC protégées. One is now a Congressman, and passed on the race against Cruz, judging the time not right, so all the out of state money was funneled to Beto, with Rosie’s assent I would imagine. The other twin, former Mayor here, summoned to Washington by Obama, is now on the short list to run for President in 2020.

Rosie, who “had to pick the ticks off White peple’s dogs” as a kid studiously avoids the limelight here and never appears with her sons. Go to any parade in San Antonio and the La Raza part will always have the same ten people, in a community of a more’million Hispanics. Rosie herself don’t poll very well in this town, but her sons are currently among the top pantheon of Democrats in Texas, and she controls her sons.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744