The weather map I was watching had land fall right on top of Morehead. The tournament is the 6th-13th. No word yet. I have mixed emotions about the fishing trip. First prayers go to the folks down there. I'm getting my right knee replaced 2 days after I get back. My friend that has the boat, a 30 Contender, is moving to Fl soon, and this may be the last time we go as a team. Otherwise I would have skipped this year. I think this is the 10th or 11th year in a row. He and one other guy have been fishing Harkers this same week since the mid 60's, before we had a tournament. It's kind of a changing of the guard, we are loosing all of the old guys. The oldest guy that fishes with us is 86-87, and the other 3 guys in his crew were all over 80. One of those guys passed away 2 years ago, on his boat, not in the tournament. What a way to go, pushing 90 years old and go out fishing! I can always crew on with another boat, it's a pretty tight group of guys, but it won't be the same. John is an icon in our club. He was fishing out of Oregon inlet a year or two ago and got caught on film in and episode of Wicked Tuna. That was the last time I watched the show. The captain was ranting about the stupid sport fisher was going to cut off his lines. You could see the white Contender with the name fuzzed out hitting about 30 mph a half mile back. Then when he was gone it was "phew, we got lucky on that one, stupid sport fishers". Made for TV drama. Who do they think watch their show? Any way, thanks for the best wishes, and my best wishes to the locals down there. I have a buddy down there also, as an ambulance driver.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin