Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I'm on the margin between regular and long and between regular and wide. I'd definitely go long/wide.

Negative- go Extra Long/Extra Wide. Every single person that I know that has went with the recommended sizing got drafts, got cold, and regretted it. Conversely every person who has went with as wide and long as possible has loved it. Also your pad will be the weak point. Highly recommend you get an insulated pad with at least a 5 r-value. Exped, Thermorest, BA, all make insulated pads that roll up small.

I haven’t found a single bag that my feet doesn’t get cold in first. That’s an easy fix though- boil water and fill a Nalgene bottle up with it. Put it in the bottom of your bag wrapped in some clothes. Your feet won’t get cold.

We tested the EE Revelation quilts where I work for a year. 20 or so guys used 20, 10, and 0 degree quilts in regular, all the way to extra wide/extra long sizes, from 60 degree nights, to negative 9 degrees in snow. The dudes ranged from 5’5”ish 140 lbs, to 6’2”ish 240lbs. All greatly preferred a 0 degree quilt and as long and wide as they could get, in conjunction with a good pad.