Overall, data does support that WT deer hit with softer C&C bullets travel less distance than WT deer hit with harder, premium bullets. I can post the SC study (again) if desired.

CNS, high shoulder, DRT either way. Chest shooting WT's, I like softer bullets, have shot them with varying brands of both kinds. WT's I've chest shot with Scenars, VLD's, etc. have mostly been DRT. Not enough numbers to compare with the 400 WT's from the above mentioned study.

Now, 120 gr. TTSX or E-Tip at around 3,500 fps out of my 26 Nosler nails about everything, DRT, chest or bone, lots of tissue damage. Speed kills and enough speed messes up stuff. The 100 TTSX at 3,250 out of my 257R is a killer, but I've have them run a few yards.

So, as I've posted before, matching speed to the bullet design helps. If I'm shooting the Creed, Swede, 7-08, 308, etc. at around 2,800 or so, I like softer bullets, including NPT's. Even though the NPT is a "premium", it is sorta soft, at least up front and performs that way. Haven't tried the new SST's, old ones were disappointing. New NBT's are very good.

It will be interesting to see how the Gamechanger fits into the mix. I look forward to reading accounts. I have too many options to try right now to take on another. Will wait and see what you guys have to say.

DF