Nothing new there. This site is about the extent of my social networking conducted via a PC with Adblocker installed. No Google or Facebook accounts. I've never experienced directed advertising. I never check my dumb phone that stays on top of our microwave, as it's switched off until I want to use it. Except for Cookie, no one has its number anyway. Don't really care for it though, as my land line has never dropped a call. No equipment that's continuously online with nothing hardwired into our TV. No Alexa or who ever, and will even turn off the GPS unit in a new camera that's coming. The best tracking device for my activities is likely a credit card, and we use cash or write checks for all of our face to face transactions.

My perception is that recent technology has done nothing but clutter peoples lives. Mostly I've been reading some great old hard copy books lately. When we leave our offices or home, anyone that wants our attention will physically have to show up. Seems no one sits back, smells the roses, and savors tranquility anymore. More and more, I'm coming to think that I've experienced the best of times.

Last edited by 1minute; 10/17/18.

1Minute