Not getting much traffic with this post in "Ask the Gunwriters", they must all be out hunting or something. wink

A post in the Classifieds reminded me that my gun pictures certainly could be better. I have a decent Canon digital camera - Power Shot SX130 IS - which should be capable of good quality photos but whether trying to sell a firearm or just posting pics of something I’m proud of, generally the pictures are little better than snapshots with glare, uneven lighting, shadows, bad angles and all that.

So, all who care to, would you mind posting suggestions and tips of how to take well lit pictures of a firearm or other object (scope, tools, whatever) with details filled in and that show off the true color and condition of a firearm without investing in a lot of dedicated lights and those silver umbrellas? There are a lot of really well done photos in the forums and I'm sure not everybody has a dedicated studio for those. Some pictures of your picture taking setup might be especially helpful.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!