Finally got the chance to do this hunt and recently returned. I have to echo everything that was said previously: great experience! Horia acted as outfitter and interpreter, his primary guide spoke excellent English, and everyone involved just worked their butts off to make this a successful hunt and memorable experience. Superb accommodations in a modern log lodge (less than two years old), tons of home-cooked food, and interesting sightseeing when you weren't hunting. I deviated slightly from the "package" above by staying for an extra week of travel in-country (that's another story all unto itself). The whole crew went well above & beyond in order to develop a personalized experience to suit my requirements.

Due to a stretch of unseasonably warm weather, I missed "the roar" but ... we were on game within the first five minutes of taking up position above a mountain meadow. It took a bit more time to find a couple of stags with the racks we were looking for, but they made it happen and there was "meat on the pole" well before the five days were up.

There is a LOT more to this story, but it's late and I need to work in the morning, so for now let's just say that I highly recommend this hunt to anyone who desires a very unique "Old World" style hunt. I should also mention that he books hunts for Roe Deer, Boar, and Chamois in addition to the Red Stag.