Sorry to hear this has happened to you. I'm not (Beretta USA) fan. If it were me it would get sent down the road. I recently sent one down the road and took a little bit of a beating. I would figure out if you would come out better selling it the way it is or putting a new stock on it.

I like low mounted scopes. If you put a low mounted scope on Sako 85 you will an ejection issues. You may not notice if you shoot them at the range and slowly eject the shell and pull them out by hand. But if you test it like you were in a hunting situation most likely you'll find dents in your casings where they bounce off the scope or worse yet end up in your action causing a jam.

Because of this I will never buy another Beretta product again. I've tested the majority of gun manufactures out there and my personal preference always ends up back at Brownings. My experience is they are very accurate and reliable and I would put my Browning rifles up against any out the box rifle. My latest Xbolt .300 win mag will hold a 3 shot 2" group consistently at 400 yards and so will my Abolt .270 wsm. Haven't finished testing my Xbolt .308 Win yet but what testing I've done I think it will also shoot.

Again sorry about your bad experience.