Originally Posted by OceanBlue
Applied physics is for classes, applied shots at various distances will show what is really going on.

OceanBlue is 100 % right, my old bench rest target shooter friend said the same thing. my 257 Weatherby shoots 3/4 inch with just a little keyhole, but at 200 yards bullet holes are perfect and under 3/4 inch groups ,300 yards 1 inch or less. me and some other shooters figure because my 257 Weather mag. is shooting very fast it takes a little longer for the bullet to stabilize. Here`s a question about reloading most of the new reloading books have a few grains less powder maximum loads than the older books. yes I understand there are newer better ways to test pressures,but nobody who handloaded with the older reloading manuals ever had trouble if they followed the old manual maximums . so why then is it liability ? new rifles are not built as well " and it almost appears that way" ? I know my old Winchester model 70`s pre 64,old Sako`s and my Ruger no.1`s seem to handle maximum loads way better too,so I kinda feel the new rifles are just not as strongly built or barrel-reciever medal is not as hard ?

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman