Dear lever-action shooters,

I have never owned or used a lever action rifle before but have reasonable experience with most modern bolt action rifles including several straight-pull models. I have the opportunity to purchase a lever action Model 71 deluxe in 348 WCF. What is radically different in Model 71 compared to a modern bolt action (say a Mauser M98 type or Blaser R8) in terms of shooting experience? For example, does the barrel tilt upward upon firing? Is it reasonable to shoot Model 71 from a bench or should it be fired off-hand? Do cases stretch once fired making case life short? Do you guys full-length size your brass when reloading or neck sizing is also possible?

In the past year or so, it seemed impossible to find 348 WCF brass. But now it seems available again so purchasing a Model 71 makes sense. The rifle in question is Serial Number 38794 and according to the seller has been professionally restored. It has a peep rear sight and overall looks very good. Any specific things I should look at before purchasing?

Thank you for your help in advance,
-Omid