Well, 30 ain't my favorite by any stretch of anyone's imagination. Mostly it makes my eyes glaze over as it's actually no better than anything from about 28 cal. up to about 35 cal. The only 30 I have is an M-1 in deference to my Dad as that's what he carried in Korea. Having said that, I shot a 300 Win Mag. for long range for a decade or more and have often said if I was forced to own one rifle it would be in 300 Win. Mag., so long as I could reload for it. It isn't my favorite by a long shot and I haven't owned one in about 20 years but I have a lot of respect for that particular 30 cal. cartridge and what it's capable of......and there's at least a few dozen others just as capable.

I'd kinda like to have a 30 WCF in either a Marlin or '94 Winchester just for nostalgic purposes and because it is such a great cast bullet cartridge. I guess a '94 was the first centerfire rifle I purchased with my own money.

Last edited by sharps4590; 11/12/18.

NRA Benefactor 2008

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father but through me." John 14-6

There is no right way to do a wrong thing