I've had very good experiences with the Hornady 68's and 75's on deer, as has my brother and his youngest son. No huge-bodied deer, but a few in the 220-230lb class, and several younger meat deer that were 200lb or less. Broadside shots through ribs, through shoulders, or through neck, ranges 80-180yds Exits every time, even through both shoulders on a bigger deer. Not all of the bullet exited, but there was definitely an exit. Bullets break ribs, punch through vertebrae, bust through shoulder blades, exit. Damage looks like a tough bullet in a larger caliber, with lots of soft tissue trauma, but less bruising. I repeat: exits every time.

In a few different rifles, the 68 is loaded in Fed or LC brass with 205M primers, and 27-27.5gr CFE, for speeds 3050-3100. The 75 is loaded with 26.5gr CFE in same brass and primer for right under 3000fps. Note that these are not loaded at 223 Rem pressures, and all 3 guns are bolt guns with 22" bbls. No issues with pressure, BTW, just not sticking to 55k limit.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.