I picked up a nice little Browning 65 from one of the members here, CBinNH. Great guy to deal with by the way. I added a Marbles tang sight to it as soon as I got it home. I already have one of their 53's and always wanted the 65. These are neat little guns.

I got out to the range yesterday for some preliminary testing. I only had 50 rounds of Hornady brass so I loaded up three different bullets, all 45-46 grains, five rounds each with 11.5, 12 and 12.5 grains of IMR4227. I tried the Speer 46 grain FP, Hornady 45 grain HP and Sierra 45 grain Hornet. I was thrilled with the groups I got. Especially considering the sun was low, shining bright and hard over the left side of the barrel and in my left eye. I'm a lefty so it made for some challenging group shooting. I have 200 more rounds of brass coming, picked up some Sierra 40 grain Hornet bullets and am anxious to get in some shooting at 100+ yards.

I have to leave for a week to see my Dad in NY but when I return I think I'll sneak out for a day or two of calling for fox before I head back to the slope. I have a few of the Speers loaded ready to go.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The rest of the groups were very similar to this one. I'll be anxious to test it in better light conditions to see what it will really do.

[Linked Image]

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.