Originally Posted by T_Inman
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by T_Inman
I've never weighed one either.....

I do know that when I drew a tag, the Alaska F&G sent me a letter stating that the Roosevelt bulls on Afognak and Raspberry Islands can weigh in excess of 1200-1300 pounds. I thought: "no way". I've killed lots of elk and even though Roosevelts are bigger, there's no way an elk can be that big.

Well when I got over to my bull, I scratched my head and said $hit.....I'll bet this thing weighs 1200-1300 pounds....
Each boned out quarter was substantially heavier than the bone in quarters of the Rocky Mountain raghorn I killed a couple weeks ago.

Where's the story on your Afognak elk hunt?

I have not put one out there...too much to tell.

I'll PM you some pictures.

BTW, the bears are real on that island.....they're no joke.

Fella up here in Alaska Nick Muche is his name he’s all over interweb, he’s sponsored by companies shot everything there is too shoot up here in Alaska, except for an elk. He says he won’t waste his time on afognak elk because it’s a second rate elk hunt. Truth be told, I think he’s scared of them crazy ass Brn bears, and doesn’t want to fess up to it.

Last edited by 79S; 11/14/18.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.