Originally Posted by custombolt
Mauser8X57. Put the sorting aside for a minute.
What is your trigger pull set at? 2-3 pounds is best. Heavy trigger pull ruins good groups.
Range time improves groups too because you learn when the trigger is going to trip. So, no sweat on more trips to the range.
Hornady SST's are a better choice for cheap bullets.
Nosler Partitions are usually spot on weight wise. Cost is up there though.
Check out the BC and you'll make better choices in the future.
http://www.shootforum.com/forum/bulletdb.html

I set mine for between 2-3 pounds, use timminys on the mausers and most others I have are the accue-trigger type.
I use both the sst's and partions. I am having a ball with the 129 sst in 6.5 this year in my sweed. imr4831 and right around +- moa every group. Killed a nice little buck on opening weekend. Worked like it was suppose to. The partitions seem over kill in my area. I have never had a bullet put in the right place that did not do what it was suppose to and I haven't really used any of the premium bullets. Mostly hornady interlock, nosler hunting bt's and remington cor-locs,( when you could still buy the components). The sst's are interlocks with a tip. I am not down talking the need for the really good construction bullets. it is just hard for me to say I have to have them when for what 100+ years cup and core bullets have been doing the job when pushed to reasonable speeds. if I was running a 8mm magnum or one of the newer powder blasters 26-28 nosler, or wheatherby's I would feel the need for a bit better bullet. Speed makes bullets act funny unless they are made well. I also would want a good bullet if doing a dream hunt. Elk or Moose, bear, or Africa. Which is why I have worked loads up for my mauser with the partition and barnes x bullet. I also like to shoot and kill things if I can find a reasonable price on some "decent" bullets then why not try them see if I can get them to group then poke something(pigs are my test medium) see how they work on game. M8x57

Last edited by Mauser8x57; 11/14/18.