With either the 250 WFNGC & 265 WGNGC........no problem at all.

I am a former CEO of Cast Performance Bullet Co, and I have seen many many many reports of those 2 bullets used on elk, and larger game from all over the USA as well as many other countries. On elk you will find that it's nearly impossible to keep one from exiting the body even on quartering shots and even if you break bone.

Shooting elk, or even larger game with a powerful handgun is no more a "stunt" then killing them with archery equipment.

It's about the skill of the shooter. If you can hit a 8" target with your handgun 100% of the time at (X) range, you are very well armed with that gun at (X) range what ever that may be FOR YOU. When I was younger I was able to do that on demand without fail at about 125 yards. I could do it about 75% of the time at 150 yards which is why I would not shoot at 150 yards. I once killed a horse with an LBT 187 grain bullet from a 6" M28 Smith and Wesson at about 90 yards, and the horse fell within about 8-10 seconds. The bullet exited the body. Your 41 is quite a bit more powerful then that 357 mag was.

I have killed many many head of game with handguns in many places and running the gambit from 80 pound antelope does to to 1750 pound buffalo. I have used 357 magnums, 45 autos, 44 Specials, 44 magnums and 454 Casull. I personally have never hunted big game with a 41 because I had the 357s and the 44s, and I had no niche for the 41, but a know many hunters who have used the 41s all over America as well as quite few used in Africa.

If you load an LBT cast bullet made from the correct alloy, you can shoot clear through moose and even buffalo, so elk would not be a problem. In my experience a shot with an LBT 180 or 187 grain bullet of 357 caliber or larger, fired at 1200 FPS or better has been a faster killer then any broadhead I ever saw used, shot from any bow, of any draw weight, at any game.

And a well placed broadhead is quite effective!

Now I point out 1 more time, I am speaking of the terminal effect of the bullet. But the real issue here is the man. As with any hunting weapon, this has to assume the degree of skill from the shooter that is required will be met. No firearm is powerful enough for elk hunting if you miss, and no amount of power work very well if you gut shoot. I believe that is "a given" and I also believe from your 1st post you know and accept that.

But if you put a good 41 cal LBT through the vitals of an elk you will be getting out your knife pretty soon afterwords.

Remember, 100% hits into an 8" target is your ethical limit of power (recoil) and range. Work within that limit and you can kill anything you want to kill with a good powerful handgun.