I would go with XL on most things I would go with 2 xl if you get a coat like the yukon. my setup is I have both the merino 145 and 210 tops. I go with the 145 if I plan on it getting over 60 degrees that day. if not I put on the 210 as a base layer. For pants I wear tru spec cargo pants. if cold I add the 210 merino zip off base layer, which is awesome because once the sun comes out and warms up you have the option of taking them off very easily. I use the peloton 240 full zip hoodie over that, and if its colder I go superdown for the outer layer. I also have superdown pants but haven't needed them yet. For cloudy weather or something you know its going to rain, I would go merino 145 or 210 base layer, peloton hoodie and yukon jacket. OR you can use their packable rain coat option if your not expecting more than a passing shower. I also recommend the 145 merino neck gater and stocking cap. both are very comfortable and add warmth without being able to feel too hot. I also have the merino 210 gloves, which are great too, I compared them to the peloton 200 gloves which I also have. the warmth is about the same but the peloton doesn't breath as well.