This past June Beaver10 invited me out to hunt Roosevelt Elk in Oregon’s Wilson Unit. Beaver has hunted these mountains for the last four decades. We spent last week scouting prior to the short four day season. Thursday night we were joined by two of Beaver’s hunting pards, Jason and Mike. Mike brought his 16 year old son along for his first Elk Hunt—super cool. The season opened Saturday. Conditions were mild, dry, sunny and clear—most outside the norm for a Wilson Unit elk hunt . Saturday afternoon, our very own FredIII surprised us by coming down for the final three days of the season. I’ve started a detailed write up and have lots of pictures to go through, but wanted to get this up in the meantime. I can’t thank Beaver and his wonderful bride enough for a spectacular time. Thank you for the rides to and from the airport, for the spectacular oceanfront accommodations, for the top shelf libations and week of steak dinners. I could go on and on! I’d also like to thank Beaver’s Elk hunting crew for their warm welcomes, patience, and camaraderie. Thank you Fred for the great microbrews, Manners garb, help butchering the elk and for the fantastic cape job. I’m overwhelmed by the generosity.

5x5 Roosevelt Elk, Wilson Unit, NW Oregon, 475 yrds.  Public land hunt - pack out.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

More to come!

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty