Why they are even compared is beyond me. One is a true lightweight rifle the other is a mid range rifle. I think the fieldcraft should be compared to a NULA since there is nothing out there in its weight class for those that like lightweight rifles.

Twist rate, throat geometry and COAL blah blah blah. How does one beat a rifle that shoots as well as my Tikka 06 and sometimes better with 18 dollar a box Winchester Deer Season ammo? WIth the simply massive amount of factory ammo out there for that cartridge it would take a lunatic with lots of time on their hands to load for it. That will be one cartidge along with a 06 that I would not bother loading for.

If the FC had bottom metal which would weigh a massive 2-3 ounces at most it would be a great lightweight. I don't like a ADL no matter who makes it and I do not like the huge gap on the side of the bolt for allowing dirt and debris to get in the magazine which cannot be cleaned unless the rifle is disassembled. Of course I don't like fluted bolts either that do the same thing.