I'm getting ready to work up a new load for my J bore 8x57jr. I just got a Lee sizing die and can now envision a limitless supply of bullets, between my new toy and a .321 cast bullet mold and a number of different Lyman sizing dies. The gun is my Meffert Duraloy framed drilling. Bore is a real .318. My plan is to use resized 32 Special cup and core bullets. I have about 200 190 grain bullets on hand, but deer here in Southern Virginia are pretty small. I already have a good load for them. For cast loads, I'm mostly using TraiBoss.
I'm hoping to come up with a load that is pretty close to the 32 Special load using the resized .321 bullets. The gun is light and I want to keep wear and tear to a minimum. I hunt deer with he scope on, so it doesn't have to regulate to the soghts, but it would be handy. I dont need a powerful load, as haven't had a shot over 75 yards in years.
I know some of you have J bores with .321 bores and used 32 Special bullets before the internet and Google machines were invented. Does anybody have any experience with something like this. Would really appreciate any preferred powder.
Thanks
Bfly

Last edited by Blackfly1; 11/18/18.

Be nice and work hard, you never have enough time or friends.