I'm rethinking the need to get all the ogive lengths the same. When using .308" 168 gr. match bullets from Sierra and Hornady when the ogive length is the same the OAL varies about .010" - .015".

I measured the OAL and ogive length of some GP-11 7.5 Swiss ammo which works great in my K31. I measured the ammo to see what ogive length I needed for hand loads to work in my rifle. The OAL given in the load manuals works for the magazine, but is about .100" to long to fit the chamber. What I found measuring the GP-11 ammo was that the OAL was nearly identical between cartridges, but the ogive length varied about .010" - .015" like the OAL of the 168 gr. bullets loads.

The GP-11 ammo measures like the bullet tip was what was contacting the seater of the equipment used to make this ammo. In spite of this wide ogive length the ammo shoots as well as any of my handloads in this rifle. Bear in mind this is being shot in a rifle with open metallic sights, so distinguishing small differences in accuracy is difficult. I haven't yet tried experimenting with this difference in other rifles, but plan on looking into it.

Brushbuster: "Is this thread about the dear heard or there Jeans?"
Plugger: "If you cant be safe at strip club in Detroit at 2am is anywhere safe?"
Deer are somewhere all the time
To report a post you disagree with, please push Alt + F4. Thank You.