Originally Posted by UNCCGrad
Anyone have or had direct experience with a 2014-2017 Ram 1500 with the 5.7 Hemi? My 04 2500 Ram has 200k and I could use the extra cab room of the crew cab with growing boys. Seems these are the best priced of the used 1500 trucks in that age with under 60k miles. I dont recall hearing much bad about them.

I bought a 2014 Ram 1500 Express Quad Cab (34k miles) last Sept. from Dave Smith Motors in Kellogg, ID. It has the 5.7, 6-spd., 4x4, trailer tow. pkg., 3.55 axle. While the payload gets used up pretty fast, towing is ok for what I use it for - 19' TT. I bought an extended warranty from my insurance company but haven't used it. It has only needed software upgrades, and have another one to take care of (factory recall). It has been a decent vehicle, comfortable, reliable, economical, plenty of power. Very happy with it. I especially like the gear selector on the shifter, and the fact that there is leg room for the middle passenger - hate the center consoles that extend all the way to the firewall. I chose the Express trim because I did not want all the extra electronic gizmos that cost $$ and I would not use.

forepaw

"Only accurate rifles (that are light enough to be carried by a middle-aged man in rough country) are interesting"