I’m considering picking up a sort of do-all lightweight hunting rifle (antelope, deer, elk, etc.) and have tentatively decided on 280AI (with Factory Ammo for now until I can find some time to reload). One rifle which seems interesting is the Copper 92 Backcountry, though it’s really expensive. It also comes in 257 WBY which might be a good choice as well (always wanted a 257 WBY and have a Fieldcraft in 25-06 so that’s already pretty close). The other would be a Kimber Montana, which is less than 1/2 the price of the Cooper but may not be as accurate, especially with factory ammo, or have some issues that need to be addressed out of the box.

I’m looking for some firsthand experience and input here, especially on the Cooper 92 on how they liked the rifle, how it handled, and how accurate was it with the limited number of factory loads available currently. Also, how was the recoil of the 280 AI in such a light rifle (either the Cooper or Kimber MT), being both have the option to use a brake?

The third choice would be to give in a just buy one of the Fieldcrafts with the #2 barrel in 6.5 Creed and kill stuff with that.

Thanks very much in advance for your input here.

And, GO>>>