I started using a heavier pair of binos this year than I was used to so decided to try a bino pack harness. I didn’t want anything too bulky or with too many pockets and gadgets. I ordered a BinoBro Prohunter from Oregon Pack Works, and one from Muley Freak.

I really like the BinoBro Prohunter because it’s simple and the harness is very comfortable with my Leica Geovid HD-B binos. The Muley Freak is very nice as well but the size I ordered was a little too tight for my Geovids. I gave it to my brother and he uses it for his Minox HG 8x43.

The BinoBro is designed to use a regular neck strap when you take the binocular out of the pouch, so I sewed on a couple small straps to connect the binocular directly to the harness with small release buckles, so it’s the same setup as the Muley Freak and some others. A very cheap and easy modification if you want to do it.

First trip we used them on was a 2 week backpack hunt for stone sheep and we both thought they were a huge improvement over what we’d been using for years, which was butler Creek bino caddy and similar Swarovski harness.

We both agreed that we didn’t even notice the binoculars with the new harnesses. I’m sure there are others that are just as nice or better, but these are the only two I’ve tried.