Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
[quote=Gus]

Why must we have a purpose? O have knowledge of a purpose?

Does the earthworm know its purpose on Earth, or the trout, or the cow, or even the wolf pack? They know hunger and satiation, and the drive to reproduce. Very similar to the vast majority of humans, it appears.

I exist, therefore I must eat, and have a warm place to sleep. I have reproduced, therefore I must care for my young.

Is there really anything else to know?

Yes, this. We have a very important purpose and that is to worship our God that has been revealed to us through the:

Physical Universe:
- The laws and nature of the physical universe displaying God's attributes of existence, knowledge, wisdom, power, order, greatness, supremacy, righteousness, and goodness.

Human Conscience:
- God has instilled the innate ability in all persons to discern the difference between right and wrong, to choose and act on that discernment and judgment according to free will and conscience, and to experience guilt when the act or choice is wrong. One of the arguments for the existence of God is based on the moral sense in humans.

Providence:
- the sustaining power of God.

This is understood to be “general revelation” that should be aware of God in our daily experience and choose not to ignore.

Last edited by RJC58; 11/25/18. Reason: Remove double quote