Well I found one of the newer model green stocked Kimber Montana’s in 6.5 Creedmoor 22” threaded barrel on Armslist that was for sale at a local pawn shop that sells a lot guns on Armslist. I went Monday to look at it and the thing looked like new. It had Talley fixed mounts and rings (which I’m not a fan of) and a VX3i 2.5-8x36 with a B&C reticle. The whole package appeared to have seen very little use. I worked a 48 hr shift tues and wed and thought well if it’s still there on Thursday maybe I’ll pull the trigger. So today I went there and sure enough it’s still there. I wheeled and dealed a little and got the price down and snagged it. Got the whole package for less than the rifle alone cost. Brought it home today, disassembled it , and cleaned it. Nothing has been done to the bedding the barreled action slides back and forth in the lug channel. The mag box was bound up, and the trigger needed adjusted, took care of those things. I’m a little relieved that nothing has been touched in an effort to manipulate accuracy. Gonna bed the lug tonight and shoot it tomorrow, hopefully it shoots! Kind of scary buying a used rifle like this that I can’t confirm how it shot so it’s a little risky. Pawn shop guy said the guy brought in 3 high end Kimber rifles all with scopes on them and needed cash, they couldn’t buy all of them kind of out of their normal pricing of used guns but he knew people have an affection to the 6.5 creedmoor so he bought this one. Stay tuned.

[Linked Image]