I priced a full size Whitetail buck cutout of 1/2" AR500 last spring at the Sportsman's show in McAllen, TX. between the cost of the target and shipping, it was going to be over $1,000.00. They would sell the 3/8" AR500 show model for $895.00 just so they wouldn't have to lug it back to their shop.

I have just used smaller targets to simulate the vital zone and concentrate my shots on a particular place on that target. I'm not going to shoot the whole deer, anyway, just one small place.

Get several (get them in AR500 and you can shoot them at any distance) of varying sizes. You might think about a "bullseye" type that has a swinging center that is your intended POI.

Also, look for a company that cuts their targets underwater. That greatly minimizes the amount of target that has been softened by the cutting process. An edge hit on one that has been cut with a torch and then the cut edges ground smooth, will have a significantly larger amount of soft steel around the edges which can (and will) deform and will act much like non-hardened steel.

"Aim small, miss small" ! grin

Check Amazon, there are a number of high quality AR500 target shops that are quite reasonable.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell