Last thing I bought at Dick's was a Sentry gun safe that was a step above a gun cabinet. Needed something for the rifle overflow because we had young ones coming to visit. Price was so cheap I couldn't pass it up. Dick's needs to look at Sports Authority. Flourishing store many many years ago. Ones here had competition from another sporting goods store that sold rifles and handguns with a good gun department. SA had a good gun department that sold both handguns and rifles. The other store got bought out or closed down. Don't remember why. The handguns then disappeared from SA. Not long afterwards, the long guns disappeared. Sports Authority died a slow, painful death.

A lot of my dollars go to Academy now. Seems they have good prices and a good selection.

Cabelas is not far from where I work, but have been in there only once since the BP buyout. Didn't buy anything that trip. BP is too far to go now.

There are two other local gun stores within thirty minutes of where I work. Prices are higher, but selection, accessories and service are top notch.