Originally Posted by Rodell
I use both the 1850 and 3200 on the same KUIU frame. The ability to do so was a key factor in my purchasing decision.

There are a lot of adjustments to the KUIU pack/frame/belt combination. It is easy to get it out of whack and that can make it uncomfortable. KUIU doesn't really help if you aren't experienced with the adjustments. I'd love to see a detailed KUIU guide to the adjustments and tradeoffs.

At one time, I had prostaff purchasing for Badlands. I've owned countless packs from them, Mystery Ranch and now KUIU. I'll be the first to preach that you must find what works for you. Drinking the Kool Aid from one company or another could only lead to an uncomfortable pack. Sadly, I've see too many people with the incorrect pack size or one not properly adjusted. For multiple reasons, I am a huge fan of the KUIU pack system. Speaking from first hand experience, a KUIU frame not properly adjusted is not comfortable at all. I learned this after my brother made a minor adjustment to my frame.

Snap a side profile picture with the pack loaded with 20-25 lbs, and we can get the frame fitted right up.

BTW, the pack is fitted based on your torso length. Your overall height has nothing to do with a properly fitted pack. I'm 5'10" and my brother is 6'-5" (yeah don't ask what the hell happened to me) but we have almost the same torso length. He just happens have freakishly long legs or my are just short.

Last edited by huntem; 12/03/18.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Cuius est solum, eius est usque ad caelum et ad inferos