I have one. Had it for 5 or 6 years now. Accuracy is pretty easy 1"@25 yards. Pretty sure I could hit a quarter 10 times out of ten with a decent rest and no wind at 25 yards. I have shot 1 hole groups at 10yds indoors. Hits like a hammer in .22 cal. I use it to shoot 100 or so rock chucks each spring as well as the occasional crow or whatever bird needs it. Have killed chucks to 60+yards but prefer 40. At 40 it's a sure thing head shot with a decent rest. I have owned both 177 and 22 cal springers of about the same power. The 22 is far superior for hunting. Both will penetrate most any small critter at 25 yards but the 22 does it with a much bigger hole and the result is a much quicker kills.

An example of power/penetration. Last year I was shooting some chucks on a rock pile at about 30 yards, one pops up and I shoot him in the head - behind him about 20 yards further there was a splat in the mud. Thought I missed, but actually that pellet shot through his head and still made serious splat in the mud.

My R9 is one thing that I would replace if anything was to ever happen to it.

FWIW: I have a Nikon Prostaff EFR 3-9x40 AO scope on mine, would highly recommend that also.

Hope that helps.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by centershot; 12/04/18.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope