Originally Posted by lubbockdave
anyone have one of these? Are they as reliable as they are reported to be? easy to carry? What are your experiences?

I've used the .32 Seecamp since 1999.

I have found it to be a very reliable rig--however, they must be well lubed for proper functioning, which is something I consider to be a negative in a carry rig, as lubrication draws lint.

I don't use mine for carry--just for practicing speed drills. If one can master pipsqueak rigs at heightened firing speeds, one can shoot all the better with a larger rig.

The standard Silvertip--which it was originally intended to use, would seldom expand in test media. One time, I had some one gallon jugs in my car. It was February, and they were frozen, but not completely solid. I fired a Silvertip into one from about 10 yards, and it went through it. The Federal Hydrashok does expand nicely if fired from the tiny Seecamp.

The magazine has an "L" shaped spacer in the back. I removed this, and cut it off about 1/4 inch above the "L" bend, and then reinstalled it. This allowed me to fire something longer than the Silvertip, such as the Fiocchi FMJ round, making practice much more affordable.

I've done 180 degree turnaround drills with this pipsqueak from a low ready. At the beep, turning 180, and firing while retreating from 1 to 4 yards, placing 5 shots into the inner circle of a paper plate in 2.21 seconds--so they are efficient, and capable of good accuracy even though they have no sights, and sport a heavy double action only trigger.

If you're not sure about the Seecamp rig, a Kel Tec p 32 will serve you well--they are cheap, and very reliable....

all learning is like a funnel:
however, contrary to popular thought, one begins with the the narrow end.
the more you progress, the more it expands into greater discovery--and the less of an audience you will have...