You know what they say about those who assume, right Steelhead? For one, I don't shoot anything over a pile of corn. My preferred hunting method was spot and stalk, but I am now disabled and can't get out and do that anymore, so my opportunities are extremely limited. I want to make the most of them, so I have chosen to use an optic that won't let me down. We do live in a remote area, and there are times I am able to snipe a coyote or hog from near the house, but it's usually in poor light or well into the night. I've tried just about every good low-light scope out there and have spent significant time with them. I know what works and what doesn't from personal experience and won't venture an opinion otherwise just to drive my post count up or feed a narcissistic ego.

Nonetheless, you continue to be stuck on "brightness"of a scope and hurling stereotypical schoolyard insults. So be it. But again, I'll say that most modern scopes above the $300 range are amply "bright." But that doesn't mean squat when a scope doesn't have the resolution to render fine detail in twilight, the contrast to allow an adequate separation of tonal ranges, the magnification needed to allow proper target identification or isn't fitted with a reticle suitable for the task.

[Linked Image]