I have been loading for the 45 Raptor rifle (rimless 460 S&W) since it became legal in S Michigan. My best accuracy has been achieved with the 250 gr Hornady. However, this bullet's performance has been inconsistent on game.

I have settled on Ramshot Enforcer as my hunting powder of choice. With a max charge behind the Hornady I am hitting 2396 on the chrono at 40* temp. I use CCI200 primers as I found WLR primers showed pressure signs before matching the velocity of the CCI200. This is a consistently accurate load that I regularly shoot to 300 yards.

I know Lil'gun has a reputation for much higher velocity but there are documented cases of this powder rapidly burning out throats at high pressure. I am not willing to experiment with my Krieger. I have tried H-110 and IMR4227 with decent results but they are both have been reported to produce erratic results at low temps, so I did not pursue. AA#9 does not give me the accuracy of Enforcer.

AA5744 is interesting. It produces excellent accuracy and shows no loss of velocity when I chrorographed down to 14*. The problem for me is low velocity, topping out in the mid 2200 fps range.

Just some observations.

Good shooting
405wcf