Just got a Remington mountain rifle in 30-06. It was moa accurate with cheap federal ammo and I made a good shot on a doe this weekend at around 150 yards off hand( rifle fits me like a glove). I’ll be toting that gun a lot in the future. Just got it, so haven’t explored its accuracy potential with hand loads so I can’t comment on paper punching, but I will say it was a pleasure to shoot on the bench. Surprisingly nice for a light rifle.

I have a Bergera b-14 in 308, you’re right in that I can say absolutely nothing bad about it, it checks all the boxes for sure. It is heavie than the mountain rifle, and the stock is a little chunky but not enough to really complain about. It is sub moa rifle with multiple loads I’ve tried.

I had a tikka 30-06 for about a month, shot like everyone said they do, could not make myself like it. Bought a stainless 260 hunter and hunted mule deer with it, made a good shot on a mulie at about 300 yards. Was light , accurate as I could hope for . Sold it.

I have completely different expectations for a bench rifle to punch paper, and have different set ups for that.

For my next hunt out west the mountain rifle will coming with me.

MM

Last edited by mitchellmountain; 12/10/18.

Tell me the odds of putting grease on the same pancake? I Know they are there, well ice and house slippers. -Kawi