On the buck that I shot with the bow this year he stopped perfectly broadside to me about 8 yards from the bottom of my tree. It was a wide open shot except for one grape vine about the size of 3/8" piece of re-rod hanging across his chest. I held a little to the right and released. I caught that grape vine right dead center with the broadhead (clipped it clean) and the arrow fell harmlessly between the bucks legs. If I would have stood in that tree all day and shot at that grape vine I couldn't have hit it with 100 arrows. He looked up at me and saw me standing in the tree with a look of total disbelief on my face about what had just happened. Lucky for me he was so love struck that he just continued walking and I was able to get another arrow nocked and back to full draw, but he was in the thick stuff. There was one window that I thought I might be able to get an arrow in and I bleated and stopped him. I put the sight on him, vines all around his vitals but I could see some daylight and hair so I figured what the heck and let it go. That one made it through without touching a thing and landed in the chest right behind his front elbow.

First arrow was the unluckiest arrow I ever loosed, the second arrow might have been the luckiest ever in 30 years of bow hunting.

Go figure.

That's hunting.

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~