The connection is very bad tonight. I have attempted this response 4 times so far. This will be edited until I can get it properly posted. Stand by.

1) get my name right, or I will assume it is an intentional slight.
2) I took a 4point buck with a bent sapling, a bootlace, and a pocketknife. I did it with knowledge, skill, and patience I doubt you could match in your prime. And I did it at 7 yards. And you believe a crossbow makes me too deadly? Ridicules.
3) in my state, the bag limits and season dates vary every year due to herd size and biologists input. Not the whim of the average hunter. We get 1 buck. No matter how we take it, and between 3-7 (or so) does. The doe limits DO matter, more so than the buck limits, because it is the DOE LIMITS that determine next year's herd size, not the bucks. Does often have twins, and ever doe affects at least 2 and sometimes more deer, next year. Just like it takes one rooster, it only takes one buck, but every doe counts.
4)bag limits vary by location, and natural barrier, such as rivers. Ohio always has a higher bag limit where deer are hemmed in by the Ohio river.
5)hunting over bait is legal, and works, but will not produce your buck. (Perhaps a young stupid one, but nothing worth a mount) mainly because the bucks feed at night. The only real draw for him during the day is sex. He's traveling, and scent testing every doe he can find. He's not hanging out at the local feed pile. He's traveling miles sniffing the air for some whiff of a loose slut.
6) if your crossbow men are more accurate than your riflemen, what does that say of the accuracy of your riflemen? They CLEARLY have every advantage over your crossbow men. If you haven't figured it out yet, archery has a much longer season, than rifle. That's why the numbers are higher. We get roughly 4 months for arrows, and no more than 2 weeks for bullets. Usually less. Muzzleloader is a separate season.
7) a childhood rhyme comes to mind: "a man convinced against his will, is of the same opinion still". You are not open to facts, you are just looking for justification of your opinion. Your prejudice is showing again, and it's becoming tiresome.
That child with a crossbow, will have a real skill, when he can get within that 20 yards of a live deer with his bench rest, until then...it's just practice.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~