Had 2 BLRs in .358W, one Japanese, one Belgian, also have had 3 BLRS in .308W, one Belgian, 2 Japanese. They all shot close to MOA and one of the Belgian. 358W shot quite a bit better with my loads. As you guessed, I really liked them for a long time. I have sold all of them now, one cost me around $300 and 2 trips to Midwest Gunworks to get it right. The lock up got very loose on it from my warm (but in spec) 200 grain loads. They are pretty complicated and fussy so didn't suit me for tracking in thick swamps where they were always getting lots of evergreen needles in the action and froze up on me a few times. I am surprised that is not a more common complaint. Now strictly a bolt action man and decided that for most of my tracking and clear cut watching to go with 7-08 and .270Win. If I was 'needing' something heavier, I would go all the way with a 45-70 or load up some 200 grain bullets for a .308 or 30-06. Although I have rifles costing 7+ times the price, the little Ruger American Compact Stainless is my go to gun 90% of the time.