Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
So I picked up a NIB .450 NE in one of the Boddington Limited Editions. I'm curious if anyone else has shot theirs, and can offer feedback and suggested loads?

I have a suspicion that most of the owners pick them up, realize they have a 7½ pound .450 Nitro, and hastily put them back in the safe grin

The 450NE is a lower pressure round than the 458WM or Lott. But; I opted for the 450/400 and it is very mild for that class rifle. Mine is not a Boddington.

My rifle will do 2 to 3 inches for 5 shot groups at 100 yards. Pretty much typical No1 performance for a random factory load and no rifle tuning. Adequate. And, I was able to shoot off a rest without and extra padding or a vest. Sweet. But, then it is not a 450 smile All smileys and sarcasm aside, I'd like a 450 someday.

Hornady lists loads for both. The choices for both include both of the 4831's and RL-19. Hornady offers 480 grain bullet for the 450. I am sure that weight is for the regulated doubles. I cannot recommend a load. I can recommend the Hornady manual.