Originally Posted by Big Stick
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
I've spent a fair amount of time with the #0 contour 21" 6.5 Fieldcraft and the #2 contour 22" 6.5 Fieldcraft (not as much time w/the #2). Shooting prone, both of them put up impressive groups, even over long shot strings. From a rest I'll take either of them. Shooting offhand I'm steadier with the #2. That's it in a nutshell for me.

I like the balance on the long action I have but I've had trouble spending much time with it....I just keep grabbing the short actions. A longer mag box and it would check all the boxes for my preferences, but I shouldn't complain as I've not even run any long bullets in it.

A S/A twisted/throated right and wearing the COAL latitude to align same...will simply outpace a L/A which don't.

Why?!? Because bullets matter wayyyyyyyyyy more than headstamps.

Hint......................

I know the post was more in regards to LA vs. SA Fieldcrafts, but out to 2000 yards a 24" 9 twist Kimber Montana 280AI with Hornady 168 ELDM's outpaces a 21" 8 twist Fieldcraft with 180 ELDM's (and of course, does the same if they both use 168's).

The 7-08 may catch it somewhere, but only well beyond the effective range of most.

Velocities are maximums from Nosler, adjusted 25fps per inch for barrel length.

The 7-08 may be more fun to shoot at the range, but when it comes to hunting there's no replacement for displacement.

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA