Over the years, I have accumulated a handful of different computers. My new main desktop is running the latest update of Win 10. Others are:

My old desktop, which I ran for years on Win 7 then 10 but which I now have converted to Linux Mint.

An ancient Netbook with very limited resources, originally Win XP now running Linux Lite

A Nextbook that came with Win 7, upgraded itself to Win 10, but barely has the resources to run it.

A GPS/tablet that runs a hybrid Android OS when running as a tablet but is primarily a car GPS.

And, my latest, a Chromebook laptop running the Chrome OS.

It's a bit confusing going from one to the other, but they all run well. I really like this Mint system, and am going to spend more time with it to see if I like KMYMONEY software as much as I like Quicken 2010. If it is even close, I'm going to drop Win 10. I'm typing this on the Mint computer, in fact.

The Chromebook is designed to be an online all the time system, using the Google cloud for storage, home to most software, and everything else. It has some quirks (the machine I got was originally designed for school use and has some features that keep little kids from screwing it up) but it's clean, VERY fast, and both virus and idiot-proof.

Win 10 is powerful, familiar, and universal. It is also a tyrant that changes at its own whim, has stuff I do NOT want and have trouble locking out. It also demands anti-virus, anti-malware, anti-phishing, anti...everything, or it gets hacked and plundered. PITA would be the summary. But it does run Quicken.

Linux Lite is small enough to run on even the puniest of systems, yet still comes with almost everything you need, including Firefox and Open Office.

The Rand McNally hybrid Android tablet is a very good car GPS but a half-ass tablet. It runs Firefox and does serve as a more or less acceptable travel tablet if all I need to do is check email, these forums, and maybe play solitaire. But for under $50 I couldn't go wrong. I can't really judge it as an Android machine because it has been so heavily adapted to primarily be a GPS. But it's my last-place favorite system.

Open for questions or comments.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.